Friday, November 4, 2011

Quiet time....

Everyone needs their "me" time. I know people who sit at the bar alone to get away. Some people sit at the beach, some enjoy reading in bed, or using a computer, or watching tv. Everyone has it though.... that sacred "don't talk to me, don't bother me, just leave me alone in quiet with my thoughts to do what I want to do" My spot is much less conventional, and definatly earlier in the morning than others. I find my quiet me time in the bathroom, with the door locked and cold water running in the shower as a noise silencer, before I start my day. Not every day do I have the time, but its been something I've done since a teen. No one dares walk in on a teen girl in the shower, I realized young that if I wanted to be left alone... go take "one of Staceys hour long showers." It led to lots of fights about the water bill and lots of "what the hell are you doing in there all that time." My husband still doesn't know(shhhh its my lil secret.) He still thinks my showers take forever, and often questions why there's any left over hot water when I'm done. Due to the increase of technology & smart phones, its now even my time to quietly check my emails & my facebook. And dare I say, its where I sit... writing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment