Sunday, November 6, 2011

Names

When you start going through the process of naming your child before they are born you come up with tons on names. Some you hate, some you love, some are just in the middle. But with each name you think "nope can't name them joe because I will always think of that annoying kid from school" or "can't name him justin, because everyone will think he's named after timberlake" so in the end you narrow the name down & pick. My daughter is Dawn Elizabeth. Dawn was directly from my aunt, Lynne Dawne. But Elizabeth was different. It fit well & worked, not named directlyl after anyone. What does that say about everyone who's influenced my life named Elizabeth? It means that they are people I respect, people I think highly of, and people that I wouldn't mind my daughter growing up & being like. So although she's not named after all the elizabeths I know..... I wouldn't be upset if she acted a little bit like each one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment